Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Mermaid Ahoy!


I had so much fun creating this card. I got to see my idea come to life. I started with taking Tim Holtz Distress Ink in tumbled glass and took the direct to paper technique, tipping it so it looks like waves. I added sequins to add to the mermaid scales technique. I really wanted to use chunky glitter, an idea I saw from Paper Drama Sea Nymph card, but I didn't have any on hand. I added the tail using Violets from Copics, the Hair is a series of using Greens, and the fin is using BV's .

I added water details like spots around her tails and by her eyes, and stomach. Just give its that "sea" look.

Supplies:
Top Fold Card 4 1/4 x 11in.
Tim Holtz Watercolor Paper 
Water Mister 
Irredesdant Sequins (from Simon Says Stamp March Card Kit)
Copic Markers
Stampin' Up Cardstock in Whisper White
X-press Copic Paper 
Stampin' Up! Basic Rhinestones 
The Greeting Farm Stamp of anchor, from Ahoy set
Glitter 
Tim Holtz Distress Rock Candy Stickles
Glossy Accents 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanx for sharing the love!