Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Manicotti



I've tried to make Manicotti, once before when I was a beginner cook. The recipe I used was from the internet and it was bland. It's been years since I made that dish. I always thought that the timing on the pastas was going to be difficult. But now I didn't think it was hard at all. This dish was actually quite simple and delicious. You can actually stuff the Manicotti with whatever you wish. You can do a lasagna twist, traditional ricotta cheese, chicken.

Supplies: 
2 packages of Manicotti *dry pasta*
1 container of Ricotta Cheese (part skim)
2 1/2 cups of mozzarella cheese 
1 can of spaghetti sauce traditional or make your own.
mine had 1b. of ground beef in it 
Italian Seasoning Spice
Salt and Pepper
Garlic Powder or Fresh minced garlic 
A bowl
Pyrex glassware 


1. In a bowl, you can make filling, pour Ricotta cheese, spices, 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese. Mix well. 
2. Boil Manicotti for 8-10 mins. Take out excess water and stuff with filling.
3. I used my own sauce I made this week, so I pour that on my bottom of the pan (1/3 cup)
then set up Manicotti, pour rest of the sauce and top with cheese.
4. Bake uncovered or covered for 5-8 mins, until cheese melts or broil for 1-2 mins. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanx for sharing the love!