Saturday, November 7, 2009

Donna Salazar's Class: Signature Flowers & Cards











Hi Everyone!
I was so excited to attend Donna's Class on Saturday morning 11-1pm at my local scrapbook store, Scrapbook Your Life. I woke up bright and early, had some morning tea, curled my hair, and makeup on, left to drop off Isaac at work.

When I arrived, I was so excited to get started. I made some homemade glimmer mist in little spritzers. I made them using Tim Holtz Distress reinkers. My colors I picked out were: Tattered Rose, Weathered Wood, Shabby Shutters, Plum Purple, and Vintage Photo. I added shimmer power to make the colors pop!

Next, as Donna set up her class, she had lots of cool goodies in a crate along with lots of shimmer dye inks. I saw her exclusive line with Pinecone Press and Got her kit. It was $24 of diecuts, 12x12 papers, Cardboard Diecuts, Loads of Lace and Ribbon, Gems, Glitter, and lots of beautiful flowers. I was so excited!

I absolutely loved the class, I didn't have enough time to do all six cards, so I took some of my supplies home to continue them there. I loved Donna's homemade glimmer mists and her shimmer mists, I forget the name. But there's were lots of colors to choose from and lots of colors.

I learned how to do her signature flowers using tissue scallops, vintage dictionaries, and paper scallops. I used tulle dyed with green paint, cardboard, diecuts, lace and ribbon.

I made a card for her and signed her guestbook which was a must!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanx for sharing the love!