Friday, October 9, 2015

HandmadeQT : Papas Rancheras (Homestyle Potatoes)


My dad was a great homechef, he made a lot of variety of foods and they were oh-so-good! One of my favorite side dishes is, Papas Rancheras, or homestyle potaotes. You can add all sorts of toppings, but be easy on spices I mention, a heavy hand and the dish is to overpowering. It took different combinations of spices, to get my dad's recipe down. There's no paper recipe, I'm just going on taste. Now, I can make these in my sleep and they're just good anytime.

Supplies :
6 potaotes peeled, small dices or small quarters
1/4 c onion
1/4 c tomato seeded and diced
2 small bay leaves
1/4 tsp of ground cumin
1/4 tsp of paprika or Cheyenne
1 1/2c of shredded cheese
3 tsp of chives
Salt and pepper to taste
2 tsp of oil
Any add ins :chorizo, bacon, meat already cooked

1.  To a medium high pan, add oil. Wait til hot and add potatoes and stir around for 1 minute. Add in, onions and stir around for another minute.
2. Add spices, stir, and cover and cook for 7 minutes. Poke with fork to see if tender, if not cook for another 2-3mins.

3. After tender, add tomatoes and give it a 1 min saute. Then, add cheese, chives, and salt and pepper to taste.

4. Take out bay leaves, Add shredded cheese and turn off heat. Cover for 1 minute, until cheese melts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanx for sharing the love!