6 lbs of pork butt (which is pork shoulder)
1 package of red achiote Paste
Juice of 5 oranges
Peels of 5 oranges
6oz of pineapple juice
1/2 an onion
Salt and pepper
2 bay leaves
1. Heat up slowcooker on High. In a saute pan, add onion fry for a minute and onion is tender. Add achiote Paste and juices. Stir until everything is blended.
2. In a blender, pureed mixture until it's smooth.
3. Add orange peels to bottom of slowcooker.
4. Salt, pepper, and garlic pork. Add on top of oranges.
5. Pour achiote mixture and make sure it's completely coated, without moving oranges.
6. Cook on High for 5hours.