Thursday, July 31, 2014

FoodQT: Spinach and Pineapple Drink

In an effort to stop drinking soda, I've made the same delicious drinks I grew up with.
I researched a lot of recipes and even went to my market down the street where they make these drinks. I got a basic overview from an employee. When I went hm, I decided to experiment.

Supplies:
1 can of pineapple sliced or fresh pineapple
1 bunch of baby spinach, washed & dried
sugar
water

1. In a blender, blend spinach first with some water. About 1 cup. Sift through a mesh a couple of times, until there's no spinach particles. Pour mixture into a separate bowl.

2. Blend pineapple and pour through mixture only once.

3. Into your pitcher, pour in spinach first and then pineapple. Mix well. If you like you can add small chunks of pineapple for some texture.

4. Add 1/2 cup of sugar mix and taste. Add water mix taste. Add more sugar if needed. Do not add sugar after you have dropped ice. Chill for 30-1hr.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanx for sharing the love!