Tuesday, July 29, 2014

FoodQT: Oven Steak Fries


I have never tried to make my own fries. I usually buy the kids some kind of spuds like curly fries and steak fries from a package. I decided it was time to make my own fries, so I knew exactly what I placed in them. I was making rotisserie chicken quarters for dinner and I wanted something fun and something else than mash potatoes. How hard could it be? 

I came up with my house seasonings, some Idaho potatoes and a little bit of oil. Voila! Beautifully seasoned steak fries. They were crispy, crunchy, and soft on the inside. 

Supplies:
Potatoes (skinned or with skin, your choice. Just make sure they're cleaned)* sliced any way you like
2 tablespoons of oil
House Seasoning: Garlic Powder, Salt, Pepper, Paprika.
Parchment Paper 
Cookie Sheets


Directions:
*You have to soak your potatoes in a water bath bowl for 1-2 hours to break down starch or overnight. This results in the crispiness and better tasting fries.
Preheat your oven to 425 Degrees. You're going to have to work in batches or have several trays on hand. Line with parchment paper to avoid sticking on the tray. 

In a separate bowl, after you're done soaking and rinse your fries and toss them in oil and house seasoning. Let them sit in mixture for 5-10 minutes. 
Line fries, in one single layer for 20 minutes. Flip over for another 40 mins. 
Enjoy with some homemade ketchup or mayonnaise!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanx for sharing the love!