Tuesday, April 29, 2014

FoodQT: Churros



I was recently very windy and cold in San Diego, I decided to make some churros and hot Champurrado for dessert. Whenever, I've made churros in the past, I made from a box mix. This time, I decided that I would make them from scratch. It took a lot shorter time to make from scratch then box mix. 

Supplies:

1 cup of flour
1 cup of boiling water 
1 egg
2 tablespoons + 1/3 cup of sugar
1 tablespoon of ground cinnamon 
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
1/4 teaspoon of salt
2 tablespoons of butter
Star Tip 
Piping Bag
Ninja Pro Blender
oil, for frying

1. In a saucepan, add butter, salt, sugar, and water. Stir until they melt. 
2. Slowly add flour, make sure you sift before adding, because it takes away the lumps. 
3. Transfer flour mix to blender. Blend. 
4. Add egg and mix well. Add vanilla. Mix, slightly add to piping bag .
5. Fry, until golden brown. After in a separate bowl. Mix remaining 1/3 cup of sugar and cinnamon, cover churros. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanx for sharing the love!