Friday, February 14, 2014

Salt Dough Recipe



For my daughter's Valentine's Day treat bags, I decided to add  2 cutter hearts in the classmate treat bag. I love learning how to make homemade anything! I found a recipe for salt dough, but decided to make it my own by using Kool Aid-not sweetened.

I cut out 66 hearts, making 2 in each condiment cup with lid from solo. Found at your local Taco Shop or Smart and Final, I asked and they gave me 70 cups and lids for $2.00.

Recipe:

1 1/4 cup of flour, keep 1/4 cup separate ( you're adding this if the dough  is too running and some for dusting on the surface)
1 1/4 cup of salt
1 1/4 cup of water
Food Coloring, Kool-Aid of your choice
Cookie Cutters,
A airtight container
Microwave
Microwave-safe bowl

I added Salt first and stirred in flour (1 cup only) and poured in water. Mix and added Kool-Aid. The more you add, the darker color. I wanted it light to go with our treat bags. Pop it in the mircowave for 30 seconds. Stir again. Add to floured surface. Place in airtight container and Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanx for sharing the love!