Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Green Medicinal Smoothie

 


Everyday, my husband has nausea and pain. He's  currently on stage 4, kidney failure and he's home dialysis pretty much 12-16 hours of the day.  A lot the days, his appetite is gone, and a lot of vomiting happens. This is due to medications and treatments that keep him alive. 

We are changing our food ways, the introduction of more fruits, veggies, and fish is now in our meal intake about 5 days a week. I am constantly looking up different ways to keep a nice balanced meal, however sometimes a little comfort sneaks in. 

Here is a green medicinal smoothie, using cannabis leaves that are sourced from pesticide-free and can be ingested. What am I thinking right? Am I getting my husband high? The answer is no. There many variations on cannabis leaves, some intended for getting you high and others for medicinal purposes. 

This provides a nice green smoothie, I will change out the fruit, to make it taste more refreshing. Now, he can keep his regular food down. 

I will be working on green smoothies and will post soon.  

Today I used a 1/2 banana, because my hubby lacks potassium. Enjoy! 

Supplies needed, measurement for 1 10-12 oz. 

1/2 organic banana, frozen

4 organic strawberries (this is seasonal fruit  rotated)  

1/2 c oat milk ( So yeah brand) 

1/2 tsp of organic agave 

1/2 c of ice 

I used a vitamix blender to mix. The smoothie will turn dark purple, because of the strawberries. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanx for sharing the love!