In my house, we have regular refried beans, but this time I made these delicious, Frijoles puercos. Translates to Pork Beans, but there's no bacon. Using chorizo and pork lard making super delicious and adding a little kick wI'll guarantee them to be gone from the table quick.
1lb of beans, pinto preferred. Must be washed and soaked for more than 5 hours to soften.
3 cloves of garlic
A stock pot
Salt and Pepper
2 tubes of Mexican chorizo pork or beef
2-3 slices of pickled jalapeño +a small amount of pickled juice
2-3 tablespoons of pork lard or vegetable
1. Make sure beans are washed, sorted, and soaked for more than 5 hours to soften.
2. Boil them with cloves of garlic and onion. Do not discard onion and garlic.
3. After you boil, let cool for 5 minutes. Pan fry chorzo and include beans.
4. To get a smooth consistency, you need to blend beans, garlic, and onion. Add salt and pepper and a little bean broth to make them not so thick or runny.
5. Add shredded jack cheese and mix well, until melted by heat.
6. Served wit any main dish or alone on a tortilla.