Here's tonight dinner cooking away on the stove. I decided to give these ingredients a last goodbye from our thanksgiving meals. I added a couple of extras to give it a nice cozy comfort-food feeling.
1 package of real hash browns
1 shallot, diced
1/4 white onion, diced
1-2 carrots, chopped
1 stock of celery, chopped
3 Tablespoons of butter, separated
3 Tablespoons of flour, separated
1/2c of corn and peas
2 broccoli crowns, pulled apart
1/2lb of leftover hardwood smoked ham, chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
4 cups of chicken stock +1 cup of water
2 cups of whole milk
1/4 c of Colburn or cheddar cheese, shredded
1. Sauté veggies together with 2 tablespoons of butter.
2. Hashbrowns go in last, quick stir.
3. Make a well and add rest of butter and 2 heaping tablespoons of flour. Mix well, unto veggies.
4. Add liquids, stir slowly. Let simmer, for 10 mins. The cup of water and flour tablespoon are form making the soup thicken, but not necessary to add.
5. Enjoy with some shredded cheese and chives.