Traditional wontons are made using s pinch/pleat method. I decided to simply triangle fold and then fry.
1 lb of ground pork
1 pack of square wonton wrappers
1/4c of water in a bowl
3 garlic cloves minced
2 green onions, minced
1/2 c soy sauce low sodium
2 TBSP of oyster sauce
2 TBSP sesame seed oil
1 TBSP of hoisin sauce
1 TBSP of sugar
1 TBSP of sriracha
Oil for Frying + 2 TBSP
1. In a bowl, add meat, make a well. mix all sauces, except water.
2. In a Frying pan fry shallots and garlic until it becomes fragant. Then transfer into bowl.
3. You must mix all liquids with meat. Cover with plastic wrap. Let marinate for at least 2 hours. (I left mine for 5 hours)
4. Take pork mix and place in the center of wrapper. Add water on top side and width side of wrapper, fold over to Form a triagle. Press meat mixture to flatten wonton.
5. On med-high hot oil, fry wontonuntil it's golden brown. Place on paper bag to absorb oil. Serve with some hoisin sauce + sriracha mixture.