Truth be told, making Chile Rellenos in a long process, whole don't we skip some steps and make a delicious casserole that's taste the same without all the breading.
8 Poblano Chiles (when picking them out get the more straight looking ones, they help when going into the broiler)
1/2 onion finely chopped
1 can of corn drained
1 tomato, seeded and skin used only
2 cups of Jack Cheese Shredded
1 cup of heavy cream
Salt and Pepper
2 TBSP of oil
1. Under a broiler, place the Poblano chile's for 7-10 minutes, turning them half way until the skin is charred completely.
2. Place is Poblano chiles is a shallow bowl and cover for 15 mins. This will make the charred peel easier to get off . Set aside.
3. After 15 mins, peel off charred skin and chop into pieces. In a skillet, add oil and wait to heat, then add onion, tomato, and corn, sauté until the onion is translucent. Then, add chiles. Give them all a stir and saute well.
4. Add heavy cream, salt and pepper, turn the heat down and bring toa small boil until sauce thickens. Add cheese on top.
5. Serve with rice. Optional add ins: Minced potaotes, ground turkey or beef, just like Chile rellenos.