Tuesday, June 9, 2015

FOODQT: Arroz con leche Helados

I've been addicted to making Helados or ice pops for my family. It started out as a diet alternative, we got rid of the ice cream in my house. Summer is right around the corner, so some delicious ice treats are perfect for a hot summer day. Im making flavors I grew up with, a rice pudding treat. Arroz con leche is flavor for reminiscent childhood memories.

SUPPLIES :
2 C of white steam rice (1 day old, cold)
4 cups of milk ( I used fat free)
1 tsp of ground cinnamon
1 tsp of vanilla
Sugar or honey to taste
a good blender
1 pot

1. Combine all ingredients in pot and let come to a small boil, for 5-8 mins.
2. Slowly place in blender, add a little more sugar or cinnamon if needed. Blend until smooth.
3. You can soft if you like, but mixture will be thick. Place in cups, ice pop molds, or baggies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanx for sharing the love!