Tuesday, November 11, 2014

FoodQT: Pan Roasted Chicken Salad with pears and walnuts

I recently joined Hello Fresh! Box weekly box kits, mainly for.the recipes and fresh farm ingredients. I had a coupon for this, so for my first three family meals I only got for $20. My next kit is a little mire pricier, so I have cancelled after this next box arrives.

Now the recipe cards have step-by-step instructions but I didn't follow the directions and I loved the flavor of this salad.


Supplies:
  
2 Chicken Breasts trimmed from fat
1 tbsp of butter
2 tbsp of oil
Spinach salad washed and dried
I small shallot chopped
2 tbsp walnuts
2  tbsp dried cranberries
1 tbsp honey
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp of water
2 tbsp feta cheese crumbles
1 pear sliced thinly

1. In an oven safe pan add oil and butter, season chicken breasts with salt and pepper, sear for 2 mins on each side. Then place in 400 degree oven for 6-7 mins, or til it's done.

2. Slice pear and add to spinach salad. Add walnuts and feta.

3. In the same pan as the chicken add 1 tbsp of oil, and add balsamic vinegar, honey, shallots, and 1 tsp of water, making a reduction of dressing. Add to salad and give a quick toss.

4. After chicken has cooled enough slice, add atop of spinach salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanx for sharing the love!