I've been feeling under the weather, with this cold and fever. Easy meals are the best right now. I had purchased a drumstick pack at the store, perfect for adobo. This is a traditonal spin on the popular Filipino dish.
Family Value Pack of chicken
Washed and skin peeled off
1 sliced onion
10 peppercorns or 4 tablespoons of pepper
1-2 tablespoons of salt
5 minced garlic cloves
1/2 cup of white vinegar
3/4 cup of low sodium soy sauce
5 peeled red potatoes
2 tablespoons of oil
4 tablespoons of butter
1. Add chicken and potatoes with onions into slow cooker.
2. Prepare mixture of oil, vinegar, water, and soy sauce.
3. Add garlic and bay leaves.
4. Cook for 3-4 hours on high.
5. Heat a sauce pot and add butter and flour, making a roux.
6. Add adobo broth and stir with wisk for smooth thicken gravy. Add back to slowcooker. Let thicken for 30 minutes on low.
7. Serve with steam rice.