Tuesday, August 26, 2014

FoodQT: Apple-Thyme Porkchops

I really wanted something hearty for dinner. Last time, I made sage porkchops. The sage was a little overpowering for my taste, so this time I went with thyme.
A simple marinade and a quick sear, and roux. Dinner is done in less than 20 minutes.

So, while I let porkchops marinate fkr 10 minutes, I added red potatoes (cleaned, peeled) to my pressure cooker, for some quick mash potatoes.

Supplies:
6 pork medallions
1 tsp of salt
1 tsp pepper
1 1/2 tsp of minced or powder garlic
1/2 tsp of thyme
1 1/3 tsp of Worcestershire sauce
2 tsp of flour
1 cup of apple juice
2 tsp butter
1 apple sliced thinly
1/2 onion sliced thinly
2tsp oil
1/4c water or chicken stock

1. Marinate pork chops in salt, pepper, garlic, worchestire sauce. 1/2 tsp to pork chops. Heat up 1 tsp oil.  Add pork chops and give them a sear on each side. Remove from heat, once they're almost done.

2. Add oil again and butter, combine flour with apples and onions. Saute onions and apple with flour until thicken. Keep stirring so roux doesn't have any lumps add apple juice little by little. When thicken, add chicken stock and stir. Add pork chops to mix. Cover with lid and lower heat. It would be for 3 minutes. Then remove from heat, and let stand for 5 minutes.

Serve alongside mash potatoes and corn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanx for sharing the love!