A simple dish, that can always be a little challenging to some, sometimes you mushy or hard rice. But, if timed correctly and you can follow the signs of boiling rice. You should be ok.
1 cup of white rice
2 tsp of oil
1 small tomato
Salt and pepper
Garlic minced or powder
2 cups of chicken stock or chicken bouillon
1tsp of tomato sauce ( this is only used to tint rice a red color, if you want it, omit step. Add before grated veggies.)
|Added veggies (corn and string beans cut) before roiling boil|
1. Start by heating deep pan in med. High, add oil.
2. Add rice, stir until most of rice is coated in oil, turn down the heat just a little bit. Keep an eye on this step, it can easily burn. Rice should be lightly toasted.
3. Grate tomato and onion, add to rice. Stir around and cook for 1 minute.
4. Add garlic, give a stir. Then add chicken stock. Salt and pepper to taste.
5. Stir occasionally until rice comes to a roiling boil. Cover with lid and turn heat down to low. Cook for 13-15 minutes.
Turn off heat, take off burner. Let cool for 2-4 minutes, then fluff with fork.