Thursday, April 3, 2014

HandmadeQT: Puffy Clusters+ Pattern


This week, I've been crocheting a lot of baby items. Seems like everyone is having their babies in the Springtime and leaves me with a lot of work to do. I have so much fun crocheting my own blanket pattern, it's versatile enough for both baby girls and boys. I decided on naming it Puffy Clusters, it's combination of a small shell stitch and single crochet. The clusters intersect in row with the top. This is both a great summer cover and winter cover. The last one I made was mint, which I will post in a couple of weeks, it's a surprise gift for my niece. 

Remember to please give me credit for coming up with this stitch, if you decide to make one. I am allowing to reproduce and sell this pattern as you see fit. But, please do credit me for my work. 

If you decide to crochet this blanket pattern, know that it can be thick (heavier) with a tight stitch, or lighter with a relaxed stitch. 


Supplies:
Red Heart Baby Yarn in Blue & Greens Mixed Yarn
H-hook

For the beanie,
Red Heart Baby Blue
Vanna White Light Green
Red Heart White 

Pattern:

sc-  single crochet
dc- double crochet
hdc- half double crochet
sl st- slip stitch


Chain the length of your chain, ending with an odd number. 
Round 1: Sc, in the 1st from the hook, all across. 

Round 2:  Chain 3. Turn. 1 SC, 1 HDC, in the next stitch. *Skip 2 SC. SC in the next, 2 HDC in the same stitch.* Continue all across, until in last stitch, 1 SC. 

Round 3-whenever: Repeat Round 2 crocheting in empty skipped spaces, til finish.


For Edging:
After you finish the last round, SC all around the blanket until you're back at starting point. Chain 2 on each corner.SC all around for 2 extra rounds. 

To a small shell:
Chain 3 at corner. 3-4 DC in each stitch, sl st, skip 2 SC and then continue with 3-4 DC in the next. 

if you create this pattern, I would love to see it, tag me on instagram #craftyqt  or #mzchio


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanx for sharing the love!