Friday, March 7, 2014

FOODQT: Whitestone Lasagna


White-stone Lasagna, was a recipe I can up with when I wanted to do something different with lasagna. I don't make it as often, but when I do, it goes fast. I wanted to incorporate other flavors. I tried this recipe out with the family and they enjoyed it more. So last night I made 2 batches, one white-stone and one regular lasagna. 

Supplies:
2 packages of no-boil lasagna pasta. 
2 1/2  pounds of ground beef, separated. 
mozzarella cheese
ricotta cheese
1 can of traditional sauce, or homemade marinara (used my hm marinara, set aside a 1/4 cup for bottom of dishes)
Italian Seasonings
Garlic
Butter
2 tablespoons of flour
1/2 cup of chicken broth 
Parmesan cheese
heavy creme
Salt and Pepper to taste
2 Pyrex Glass Casserole dishes


1. In skillet, start cooking meat, season, when almost done, add your your marinara sauce. 
Set aside. 

2. In a small saucepot. Heat and add butter, spices, and flour. Mix well with a small whisk, until thickens. Add chicken broth and mix well until thickens more. After, sauce has mix well, add heavy creme and parm. 
Mix again, until its thick, take off burner and set aside. 

To assemble:

Add a little marinara sauce to bottom of dish. Add your lasagna pasta. Add some meat. Add white-stone sauce. Add ricotta cheese, using your fingers to break it down. Add cheese. 
Continue to add layers to your pasta, until you reach the top. The last layer does not have a pasta. It only has everything else and covered in cheese. 

Bake at 350F, for 15 minutes, it should soften the noodles enough to eat. I broil mine for 1-2 minutes afterwards to fully meat cheese. 

The reason I call it white-stone, is because you won't really see the marinara sauce come through when you cut the layers. It only looks like a white sauce. The sauce I made is similar to Alfredo sauce, but has chicken broth in the sauce. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanx for sharing the love!