It's delicious served with shredded lettuce, sour cream, and tomato, atop of any cheese.
1 chopped onion, yellow is best for this recipe
2 California Pepper, sliced with seeds
1 chopped roma tomato
2 tablespoons of butter
Mozzarella and Jack Cheese
1 can of enchilada sauce or homemade (recipe below)
1 cup of chicken broth
1 teaspoon of flour
Salt and Pepper to taste
2 tablespoons of paprika, Chile California, New Mexico Chile, and Chile puya ground peppers.
1/2 cup of tomato paste
Mix in flour with all ground peppers in a sauce pan. Slowly at to chicken broth in and shimmer to thicken.
1. In a Saute Pan, add butter, onions, and peppers. Cover with lid for 3-5 minutes. Until onion is transparent and chiles are soft.
2. Add in Enchilada Sauce.
3. Take 9x13in. Glass Pyrex, add sauce at the bottom, spread around.Take Tortillas and place until there's barely any space, usually 4 or 5 will do it.
4. Add sauce, chicken, and then cheese to this layer. Repeat again.
5. At the top, Add chicken, sauce, and then add cheese to cover casserole.
6. Place in oven for 10-15 minutes.