Thursday, January 2, 2014

FoodQT: Strawberry Jam

Strawberry Jam


   We all know the best known brands in California are Smuckers and Knott's for anything Jam or Jelly- related. I've been going to different farmer markets lately and wanted to make some jam with all the fresh produce available.

   Back in my kitchen, I pulled out my Wolfgang Puck Bread Machine, I haven't used this bad boy in a while, unfortunately that stopped stocking unbleached flour in my market. I know it has a jam cycle. Read the instructions.

I'll be making my own from now on, it was such a hit. You also can play with the sugar amount or use honey a substitute.

Supplies:

2 cups of strawberries once pureed and strained (approx. 1 1/2 carton of strawberries)
Cleaned, pureed, strained through mesh.
2-3 cups of sugar*
Bread machine Jam cycle
Old Jam jar

* 1/2 cup- 1 cup of honey for substitute.

I started off with 2 3/4 cups, because I didn't know how sweet my strawberries were. Following that, I've made them with 2 1/2 and with honey substitute.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanx for sharing the love!