Thursday, January 9, 2014

FoodQT:Flourless Peanut Butter Coookies

Peanut Butter Cookies Gluten Free

 
    With the holidays coming and going, there's lots of of flour being passed along the way. I'm trying to lose weight not add more =) But, with that being said, I do enjoy sweets. I researched Pinterest, Google, and other "healthy" websites for cookies that were gluten free and still tasted like the real thing.  So I stumble upon quite a few recipes for peanut butter cookies for only 3 ingredients.

I made it my own, adding here in there, that I could enhance the flavor and add fruits to the mix.

Supplies:

1 cup of peanut butter (organic, raw, in jar, or your own)
1 cup of sugar
1 egg
a fork

Optional:

1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1/2 cup of honey or agave extract
1 teaspoon of ground chia seeds
1 mashed up banana
2 teaspoons of chocolate chips

Preheat your oven 350*F. In a bowl, mix your ingredients, the sugar can easily be replaced by honey or, even banana. Add the egg and mix well, until the "dough" is pliable. On a parchment paper on a cookie sheet, place 1 tablespoon balls 1-2 inches apart. Wet the fork with a little water and press to make a basket weave mark on the cookie. Bake for 8 minutes, or until they're golden brown.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanx for sharing the love!