Sunday, December 15, 2013

HandmadeQT: Mummy Hat+Pattern



    For Halloween, my kids wanted to something more scary. My daughter 11, just loves Monster High. 2 years ago, I purchased a costume of Cleo de Nile from Monster High, is a size 10-12 for her MH-themed party. Unfortunately, the costume was never seen because it was simply too big. Since, then she's grown into it and now was ready to be the mummy's daughter. No pun intended. =)  But, what about my son? He's 3, obsessed with Cars, Thomas, and such. I love doing matching costume themes. So I decided he was going to be a mummy. I went to Walmart in search of a cheap white turtleneck and some white leggings. The dollar store for some bandages, and I crocheted a beanie. A scary looking beanie.  This a basic white beanie.

ss= slip stitch
dc= double crochet
sc= single crochet

Pattern:

For eyes:
Green and Black Yarn
Magic Circle,
 chain 6
Do not ss, 2 sc all around, not ss
Switch color, 1 sc, all around, finish off. Save 6 inches for sewing eyes on beanie.


For Wraps:

Chain 91 (more if needed)
sc in the 2nd from the hook
DC to end, finish off, save 6-10 inches to sew on beanie.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanx for sharing the love!